Saturday, May 31, 2008

Shocker!!!!

How is it that I decide that I need to lose weight and start off at the depressing weight of 83.5kg, and only one week later I weigh 86kg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
That would be the dreaded comfort eating to combat the anxiety that has welled up like a wave of horror. Have I triggered the anxiety by getting all worried about my weight? Probably more likely to be my social anxiety issues, which have reared their ugly head this week. Grrrrrr! Thinking back I started out pretty well, but had a couple of bought meals that were not exactly light on the calories. We went out for tea and had a roast dinner with pudding. Last night we had pudding and chips and chocolate at a friend's house (while watching the delightfully corny Bride and Prejudice). We had a big pasta meal one night that Mr B cooked when I went to cello. Plus I did nibble a fair bit at school. So thinking back, I didn't manage to eat healthy food much at all. Well, I ate the healthy stuff plus a whole lot of other stuff too. And big portions. We've got Barbara coming around for tea tonight. We are having tortellini and salad, with gingerbread ice-cream and Jamie's gingerbread. If I go light on the tortellini and heavy on the salad, and don't have the ice-cream cause I'm not that mad on it, that should reduce the calorie intake. Plus a nice brisk doggy walk today.

Right, this week I will try to keep this blog updated so I can track my progress. I can do it. XXX

2 comments:

RubyTwoShoes said...

Hey there...not a shocker...just a result of a not so good week, you need to be kinder to yourself and not get too caught up in the whole weight loss thing, nothing annoys me more than when I start a week of healthy eating and then it is all consuming, it is all I can think about and without a doubt, I fail dismally!! This has been the case this week..started off great, ended with far too much choccy and other goodies out at Ngatimoti, oh well, tomorrow is another day. Love youxx

Chocolate Britches said...

You can do it Mrs PB!! Small steps towards a bigger goal. There will be some ups and downs, but trying hard not to fall off the wagon completely is the key. I have always had one hiccup and then thrown the towel in altogether - when I should just get back on the horse the next day and keep going (sorry for all the cliches).

Wishing a much better week for you - it's 4 days after all and Friday is a release day - woohoo!!

Miss Mx