The weird thing is that I still think of myself as a skinny person, like I used to be. So I find it really frustrating not to fit smaller clothes, and I expect that I will not have rolls and bumps showing at all in clothes. But, of course, I do. I won't wear clothes that are too tight just so that I can pretend I'm a smaller size, because comfort is so important. I guess I'm a big advocate for stylish clothes that fit a curvier body. Here are some things I find very frustrating with the fit of clothing I have come across:
- Tights that won't stay up, and have a narrow band at the top that cuts in, leaving bulge lines.
- Underwear that is supposed to flatten and flatter that accentuates the blobbiness by forcing flab to gather outside the edges. Oh, and control underwear that won't stay put, rolling and riding up.
- Hipster jeans that are uncomfortable- either digging in or falling down.
- Undies that go up your bum. Into the bin they go!!!!!
- Boots that won't fit a generous calf.
- Tops that fit, but bulge at the buttons over the bust. Or that won't fit the bust.
- Jackets that are way too big in the shoulders but won't fit across the bust or hips.
- Knee-high tights that don't go to the knee.
- Anything that clings to a bulgy tummy.
I'm sure I'm not the only one with clothing issues! Everyone has a different body shape. I'm fortunate that I have an hourglass figure.
Bye for now, my lovely friends. XXX