Saturday, April 12, 2008

An interesting experience

Last night, while visiting Mr and Mrs CT, our lovely friend Maureen got out her healing hands and worked her Reiki magic on Mrs CT and I. Now I'm not a particularly spiritual person, but Reiki is quite an amazing experience for something that seems so simple. Maureen just lays her hands gently on your body (no, you don't have to strip down to nothing) and heals away. Mrs CT has a terrible sore shoulder and I've been having trouble with headaches. When Maureen put her hands on my neck it felt like waves rippling upwards. She wasn't moving her hands. My neck got very hot, then settled down. The most strange thing was when she had her hands on either side of my head there was a tingling line running from my eye down my left cheek. Not painful, but very distinct.

I had a wee look for information about Reiki. It is a controversial treatment that some say works because of the placebo effect. But feeling so calm and relaxed must be a good thing. This is a basic interpretation of the Reiki way of life:

The secret method of inviting good fortune.
The marvelous medicine for all sickness
Just for today:
Do not be angry
Do not be worried
Be grateful
Work hard (on improving yourself)
Be kind to others.


Sounds like a very positive philosophy for life. Have a lovely day! XXX

No comments: