Sunday, April 6, 2008

A fresh start

Oh sadly neglected blog, it is time to resurrect you. For a while I have been thinking about the consumerist society. Packaging, country of origin, quality, processing etc. I hope I am ready to tackle the elements of my consumer activites that bother me. This blog is about my Good Life. I'll save Poppies and Daisies for hobbies, building and fun. So some new goals are in order. I will:



  • Base as much of my diet as I can on unprocessed foods.
  • Have a wide variety of food in my diet.

  • Make as many things from scratch as I can.

  • Buy New Zealand made products (food and otherwise) as much as possible.

  • Make as many of my own clothes as I can.

  • Hunt for great new products.

  • Look for organic, cruelty free, Earth friendly products.

  • Recycle/reuse as much as I can.

  • Relax and have fun with food (and with life in general).


So on that note I present pumpkin soup.


Yes, this spawn-of-an-alien is the centre of a red pumpkin, which was purchased for 69c. What a bargain.

Garlic, onion, a carrot and 3 little potatoes joined it with some of this:

A fantastic local product. I love it for adding a smokey depth of flavour.

I got some of this divine natural yoghurt.

It is made in Canterbury. It is naturally mild and sweet. I might try making my own by using a spoonful of this in some warmed milk. Sounds like a very good idea.

I'm off to serve up some pumpkin soup. Hope it is good!

No comments: